TRAVEL ADVICE FOR NAMIBIA
Holiday preparation is vital to problem free vacation to Namibia. By doing your groundwork prior to going for Namibia, you are able to reduce the chances of something going wrong. A good number of travellers often regret for not doing these simple pre travel steps well before going to Namibia.
Find the most updated medical services available and travel health advice for Namibia from the table underneath. You may, also, obtain a vast selection of information that will help you prepare for a safe and enjoyable journey to Namibia and a safe stay whilst you are in there.
Travel Health Advice for Namibia
Travel insurance advice for Namibia
Travel advice for Namibia
Travel Health Advice For Namibia
You may also obtain further travel health advice from travel vaccination for Namibia
The travel advice information on this travel immunisation website does not replace your doctor's advice. Information about travel disease risk in Namibia and travel vaccination immunisation for namibia are drawn from the centres for Disease Control websites around the world and refers to known health risks in Namibia.
The travel health information for Namibia provided does not include any information relating to disease outbreaks, which may occur regularly and with little warning.
Talk to your doctor before you travel to Namibia for the most up to date travel health and travel immunisation information.
Tips for Namibia Travel Insurance
- Be sure that you know exactly what your travel insurance insures because they are not limitless. It might not protect you for cancellation or alteration to travel plans.
- Clear up any insurance policy issues straight with the insurer.
- Be sure that medical cover is suitable for probable expenses in Namibia. Be sure you declare any pre-existing medical conditions you may have.
- Typically, cover for luggage and personal belongings is limited and expensive items which includes cameras, laptops and/or jewelry could have a may have a per-item limit.
- Exclusions: Basic exclusions exist on all travel insurance policies like acts of civil unrest, self triggered personal injury, loss/theft of unwatched luggage and pre-existing medical conditions. Travel insurance plans may be invalidated where injuries are experienced under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Travel Tips For Travel To Namibia
- Have a look at the most up-to-date travel advice for Namibia from any of the following sites: UK travel advice for Namibia, US State Department travel warnings for Namibia or Canadian government travel advice for Namibia.
- Purchase an appropriate travel insurance for Namibia to pay hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any sort of pursuits, for instance adventure sports, in which you wish to Namibia.
- In advance of travelling to Namibia register your travel and contact particulars on the net or at your local embassy or consulate as soon as you arrive in Namibia, so they are able get hold of you in an emergency.
- Observe the Namibian law. Consular assistance is not able to override local Namibian laws and regulations, even where local laws seem to be extreme or unfounded by your country’s standards.
- Check to see if you require visas for Namibia or countries you are visiting or transiting. Keep in mind a Namibian visa doesn't guarantee entry into Namibia.
- Make copies of your passport details, travel insurance policy, travellers cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Keep one copy in a separate place to the originals and leave a copy with someone at home.
- Confirm with health professionals for info regarding recommended vaccinations or any other precautions for Namibia and find out about Namibia laws on travelling with medicines.
- Leave a copy of your travel itinerary with someone at home and keep in regular contact with friends and relatives while in Namibia.
Dual Nationality Holders
Before departing your home country check whether you are regarded as a national of the Namibia.
Research whether holding dual nationality has any implications for your travel.
Passport Validity For Namibia
Ensure your passport has at least six months validity from your planned date of return to your home country. Namibia will refuse entry on arrival and some airlines will not allow passengers to board flights if their passport does not meet this requirement.
Before travelling, you should contact the Namibian embassy or consulates
of each country you intend to visit to confirm the entry requirements.
Namibian Embassies Worldwide
2001 - 2012